Mortgage Loan Processing Manager
Looking for an experienced Mortgage Loan Processing Manager to work for the Corporate Office in St George, UT. FIVE (5) years of Mortgage Processing experience a must. Experience on the Encompass LOS System is required.
You will be responsible for a growing team of processors and heavily involved in additional training and hiring. We will rely on you to innovate our processing practices, as well as to process loans.
Aggressive compensation (DOE) and benefits. We are looking for the right fit for our Company.
Your presence in the corporate office is required to successfully fill this role. If you are interested in remote work, processing (but not management) may be an option. Please reach out if you are interested and experienced.
Sr Mortgage Loan Processor
If you or someone you know is looking for a new career opportunity, tag them to apply! This is an opportunity for an experienced Mortgage Loan Processor to work for the Corporate Office in St George, UT. FIVE (5) years of Mortgage Processing experience a must. Experience on the Encompass LOS System is a plus.
Do you thrive in organization and efficiency? Do you love a challenge and problem-solving? Are you an overachiever who is driven to get tasks done and do you have amazing follow-up skills? This job has growth potential in an ever-changing environment. Aggressive compensation and benefits. We are looking for the right fit for our Company. If you answered yes to these questions, apply now.
Process and pre-underwrite mortgage loans to ensure compliance with Company, secondary market investor, and government agency standards. Achieve production and quality metrics. Liaison between loan officer, borrower, underwriter, and funder. Prepare and review loan files to ensure completeness of the submission and supporting documents, as well as compliance with underwriting and investor guidelines. Monitor overall loan processing cycle time to ensure the loan closes on time, as per company standards. Communicate and coordinate the resolution of issues that delay loan closing.
Essential Functions (Including, however not limited to the following):
• Monitor the overall lending process, and identify, resolve, and communicate issues that could impact the timely closure of loans.
• Pre-underwrite employment and income for each applicant to identify any potential concerns.
• Analyze loan-to-value ratio, debt-to-income ratio, credit report, application, income and assets, source(s) of down payment funds and examine supporting documentation to identify potential fraud or misrepresentation.
• Identify potential issues and communicate to consumers and loan officers.
• Order and review all third party documentation, including credit checks, title reports, flood certifications, appraisals, tax returns, verifications of employment/assets, fraud reports, SSA verifications, CAIVRS, etc. to identify and address potential issues.
• Thoroughly review purchase contracts and addendums.
• Re-disclose any changes to the loan in a timely manner by providing a Change of Circumstance and Loan Estimate to appropriate parties within the Federal standards for timelines.
• Stay current with federal, state regulations, policies, and industry trends.
• Check ratios and verify the accuracy of AUS findings and program applicability.
• Review and verify documentation integrity to ensure it aligns with findings, completeness, and compliance, and submit loan file to underwriting for approval.
• Identify qualifying/program issues prior to submission to Underwriting, and work with Loan Officer to re-structure loan as necessary.
• Provide options within guidelines and make recommendations to Loan Officer if borrowers may qualify for suitable programs. Be proactive and solution-oriented to find a way to make the loan work.
• Update and verify the accuracy and completeness of data input into the system.
• Order Mortgage Insurance, when needed after the underwriter underwrites the loan.
• Obtain and verify clearance of all underwriting conditions and prepare the file for submission to Closing.
• Coach and provide guidance to less experienced Processors as needed. Be a team player.
• Use and modify templates to compose professional correspondence and emails.
• Provide status updates to Loan Officers and/or borrowers.
• Knowledge in Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Jumbo and Bond programs
Processor Job Description Rev date: 01/23/19
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Total recent work experience includes two or more years of experience as a Loan Processor, preferably processing conventional and VA loans along with at least one year of experience processing FHA and Bond mortgage loans.
• Ability to build strong relationships with loan officers, production, underwriting, closing, and other internal and external partners.
• Knowledge of overall mortgage lending internal processes and control, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending for conventional, FHA, VA, and Bond mortgage loans.
• Knowledge in new construction documentation and condominium projects.
• Knowledge of valid documentation related to processing consumer mortgage applications (e.g., complex tax returns, financial statements, and records, verification of income and deposits, etc.).
• Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
of urgency and responsiveness.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Starting pay of $45,000 per year. Salary ranges vary based on commissions and success of
Sr. Mortgage Underwriter
The Underwriter underwrites loans in accordance with Company and Investor guidelines following the company’s policies and procedures under general supervision. Makes sound underwriting decisions and ensures that all decisions meet legal and policy requirements. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.Essential Functions (Including, however not limited to the following):
• Performs a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines.
• Performs a thorough analysis of collateral to ensure the property meets investor guidelines and the appraisal quality and completeness are acceptable.
• Applies and interprets company underwriting guidelines and makes sound credit decisions.
• Completes credit, analysis of income, analysis of the property, ensures proper audits are completed and verifies the consistency of loan file information.
• Identifies risk factors within each loan and utilizes resources, tools, and documentation to detect red flags and clear inconsistencies.
• Reviews and evaluates credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs.
• Determines any conditions, stipulations, or pre-funding requirements.
• Pipeline management – provide timely and high-quality performance review within 24-48 hours for initial underwrites and for condition review.
• Complete the required additional products (Appraisal Logging, DU/LP/GUS, Encompass fields, Investor Specific forms, income worksheets, etc)
• Reviews and clears underwriting conditions, stipulations, or pre-funding requirements received.
• Communicates with processors, sales teams, and operations teams to resolve outstanding issues as they arise.
• Assists departmental support staff when necessary.
• Complete system fields/screens that have been missed by other team members when the loan is reviewed for approval
• Resolves and responds to post-closing credit exceptions received from investors and auditors when required on loans underwritten. Response to be no later than 24 hours.
• Maintains ongoing knowledge of investor guidelines, updates, and trends as applicable to underwriting position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A thorough knowledge of mortgage loan underwriting.
• Maintains highly confidential information concerning loan applicants.
• Requires a high level of organizational skills and ability to work on several tasks simultaneously.
• Constant contact with Loan Officers and internal office staff.
• Significant coordination of various duties required.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to handle detailed assignments.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
• Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
• Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers, and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
• Environmental: Office environment– no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
• Five plus years of FHA mortgage underwriting work experience.
• Paperless Loan Origination System experience preferred.
• FHA Direct Endorsement designation and/or VA SAR designation highly preferred.
• DU and LP experience required.
• Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.
Starting pay of $75,000 per year. Salary ranges vary based on commissions and success of each individual.
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
The purpose of this position is to proactively solicit new residential mortgage clients, while developing and cultivating a strong business network of referrals. It is the responsibility of a Loan Officer to analyze a borrower’s financial and credit data to determine creditworthiness and the probability of financial security in repayment efforts.• Develop new business opportunities and sales leads by cultivating relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, etc.
• Develops solid PHM product knowledge and offers clients the best mortgage products to match client needs
• Reviews application information, requesting specific supporting documentation as needed/required based on loan investor guidelines
• Analyzes and exercises independent judgment and discretion in advancing PHM’s business objectives and the interests of PHM’s customers regarding significant financial decisions
• Carries out major assignments affecting business operations of the employer or the employer’s customers through:
• Collecting and analyzing information regarding the customer’s income, assets, investments, or debts
• Analyzing applicant data, credit and collateral property value
• Determining which financial products best meet the customer’s needs and financial circumstances
• Providing advice to the customer regarding the advantages and disadvantages of available financial products
• Marketing, servicing, or promoting the employer’s financial products * Completes necessary CE in a timely manner and remains current on local developments and trends within the real estate and mortgage industries
• Provides origination services in the state of licensure
• Creates and maintains excellent business relationships with referral client base, creating new mortgage lending opportunities
• Corresponds, communicates, and coordinates with clients, in-house support staff, and external service providers to facilitate timely closings
• Sales experience in the mortgage industry is required
• Familiarity with mortgage processes, procedures, rules, regulations, and compliance
• Exceptional customer service skills with a strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills to include a working knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to comprehend and analyze financial information
• Ability to effectively communicate and present complex financial information while fielding and responding to questions from applicants, support staff, and management
• Established contact and referral list within the real estate and mortgage industries preferred
• Ability to pass a required background check
Work Requirements Each employee must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, utilize a computer, maintain a work schedule, and effectively perform in an office setting. Employment with PHM requires compliance with and adherence to all applicable mortgage and fair lending laws and regulations as well as PHM policies. The ability to work extended hours may be required.
Starting pay of $30,000 per year. Salary ranges vary based on commissions and success of each individual.